Wednesday, March 13, 2019

GROUND FLOOR FRAMES


Last week's weekly update call from our Site Supervisor indicated that our framework will get started on this week. Our neighbor one lot down messaged me via Instagram and gave us a heads up - our frames were up! 

We drove down today despite the drizzle and when we pulled up into our street and saw the frames, the kids gasped and it took me a few minutes to let it sink in! Eldric and I looked at each other and it was a real "wow" moment. I know that sounds dramatic but it has been such a long journey to even get here, so I think it will take some time for us to really really grasp the idea! Just like Slab Stage, it all STILL feels surreal. Yes. Still!

It was so good to get an idea of the space! My Butler's Pantry is small and cosy, hiding dirty dishes while entertaining is still a big thing for me so I'm glad we added this space!

I am loving the open space between kitchen, dining and leisure rooms! The big dining room window will hopefully let lots of light in and I'm stoked we chose the widest possible stacker door for the dining/leisure/alfresco!

I'm really surprised of how "spacious" my home office feels! It is basically a square room with a big window, but I actually really love it and can't wait to style it!

The entry feels big and wide at the moment with no walls and I'm really hoping that when gyprock is in, it would still feel "roomy". The only thing I know that would make it feel closed in is the two cavity sliding doors that we added to enclose the movie room. However, a simple fix would be to keep the doors open when the room is not in use. The media room has a big wide window that will let light into the hallway!










No comments:

Post a Comment