Thursday, August 29, 2019

KITCHEN & VANITIES INSTALLED & PAINTING


Since my last post, a myriad of things has happened. I don't get to post as often as i would like to. Mainly because, well life is busy! I think also because i do like to keep a few of the milestones private - for security reasons! Which pretty much contradicts the reason i started this blog in the first place! I do post on my stories on Instagram for all my build followers. This way, i can control who views my stories :)

Here is a quick list of the progress since our doors were installed:

- front door has had it's first coat of timber stain. It's not as dark as we would like it to be, so we would definitely be asking our SS to do a few more coats. I think rule of thumb, they do up to 3 coats.

- the stairs were painted in Taubmans Crisp White. I absolutely love how they have turned out! The mitred handrails really look fresh and contemporary

- downpipes painted in Colourbond Monument to match our windows

- waterproofing

- kitchen and vanity cabinetry has been installed. The excitement factor here was extreme to say the least! Finally got to see our Polytec Black cabinetry - i am beyond stoked that we chose the Finegrain finish. The texture is devine and it looks stunning. I can only imagine how gorgeous it will look once all done and cleaned!

Our wet area tiles are getting delivered for the second time this week or early next week. Can not wait to see it all come together!

During the research stage, i read blogs (mainly interior design blogs), to get tips on choosing wall, architrave and skirting colours. For a room to appear spacious and have a feeling of grandeur, a good idea is to use the same paint colour throughout. So walls, architraves, doors and woodwork should be one colour so that your eye go straight from top to bottom, giving the illusion of height. I totally see this now, especially from the photos below. I am glad i followed Shayna Blaze's advice! It's not to everyone's taste, which i can appreciate, but for the look we are aiming for, i think we made the right decision! I don't want our space to feel cold and sterile which is a risk when using a cold, stark white paint colour, so i will be sure to add warmth and homeliness with my furnishings!

First floor hallway. Photo taken mid afternoon. 

Our Media Room. Will keep the sliding doors wide open to let in natural light 

Home Office is North facing. I love the lighting in this room

Our hallway is bright and airy. Photo taken around mid afternoon





No comments:

Post a Comment